Scale Back Alabama (SBA) is a statewide weight-loss contest designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it. Since the first contest in 2007, Alabamians have lost more than one million pounds!
Team Name Contest
Be ready to vote for your favorite team name soon! The top five team names will be posted on our SBA News page on Monday, March 17. Participants will be allowed to vote through March 23. The winning team will be announced on Monday, March 24.
Scale Back Alabama 2014 Dates
- January 16 – Statewide Contest Kickoff
- January 18-24 – First Week of Contest; Beginning Weights Recorded
- March 17-23 – Voting for Team Name Contest
- March 24 – Team Name Contest Winner Announced
- April 5-11 – Final Week of Contest; Ending Weights Recorded
- April 25 – Final Event; Announcement of Winners and Prizes
Scale Back Alabama is designed to address the state’s challenge with obesity; however, we caution individuals to check with their health care provider before beginning a new exercise or diet regimen.